Monday, November 15, 2010

Gratitude journal - day 12-13

Day 12: Today is the MSU Basketball season opener.For those of you who know me, you know that I LOVE college basketball - especially Michigan State. So, today, I am grateful that Coach Izzo turned down what was probably an amazingly awesome contract from Cleveland to return to coach at MSU. He's such a talented coach when it comes to working with young men, I would have hated to see him go to the Pro's where there seems to be a lack of respect for coaches and in general, the game of basketball. (It's a team sport, not a bunch of superstars trotting around the court, showing their style and forgetting to play defense...) So, thank you MSU basketball for starting up a new season and thank you Coach I - I'm glad you're here to stay!
(JULIAN H. GONZALEZ/Detroit Free Press)

Day 13: Today, I am grateful that we have a wonderful farmer's market 5 minutes from our house. It's open April - Thanksgiving (yes, my sweet potatoes will be awesome!) and it's far cheaper than the grocery store. Plus, they carry these sweet babies (as well as the spicy ones) for the whole time. I love peppers and it's great I can get 3 lbs for $5! What a deal!! :)

No comments: